1. A new version of the Alpha has been released! (July 17th)
    Sandbox Mode, Level Editor, Level Sharing and Solutions Browser! Download the new Alpha now!
    http://godisacube.com/for...

New ingame-languages

Discussion in 'Age of DNA - Suggestions' started by G.M, Jan 28, 2017.

1. G.M

G.M New Member Age of DNA - Alpha member

Hello,

So I've noticed that the game is only available in English and French. So it would be nice if there would be more languages like German or Spanish. I think if there were more languages, there could be more people reached to play the game and they would understand the game better as the game is maybe a bit complex to understand at first if you're not a native English or French speaking person.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. King_Kadelfek

King_Kadelfek Administrator Staff Member Age of DNA - Alpha member

I support adding more ingame languages, as I spent several years on a localization / translation software named DreaMaker (which got me credited in To the Moon).

Actually, there is a "localization.csv" file in the games files, which you can open with Excel or Open Office Calc, and start translating sentences by adding a new column (then ingame the translation should be available).
    Though, the game is far from being finished and a lot of texts will be changed / deleted / added. But you can do some experimentations in the meantime to see if you encounter any problem (such as accents and special characters). We will need a tutorial to explain people how to edit this file.